Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Shoes, not toys Daddy

While birthday shopping at Target with my daughter, she told me she had looked at enough toys and was ready to look at something else.
What?!

Anyone with a six year-old can imagine the shock that went through my system when I heard this. Every six year-old lives to check out each toy aisle just to see what's new and what toy they have to have, this is a great development I thought.

It means no more Littlest Pet Shop, I have yet to figure out which animal is which;
...the end of Polly Pocket and the 10,000 little pieces that come with each model . . . and oddly enough she had enough Barbie dolls already. (Can I have an amen!)

In my excitement over this development, I stupidly asked her what she wanted to look at instead . . .

"The shoes Daddy" she replied
Damn it...







2 comments:

This Brazen Teacher said...

LMAO. THAT is consumer marketing at it's finest.

CowboyJoe said...

She wanted pink flip-flops with hearts on them.