Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not so fast little man


One of the advanages of having your child attend the same school where you teach is that you get some control over who they get as a teacher. You also get inside info, or rather unedited info, about what happens in the classroom and what the other students are doing in the class. This week I got a pretty shocking one, of my daughters' classmates wants to marry her when they get older. Some are saying, " How nice"; "Isn't that cute";

Not dad.

He's saying, "Um, little man, you're in kindergarten, the only thing you should be worrying about is learning how to tie your shoe and learning how to read." It's nice you like my daughter and you're a nice kid, but let's wait 15, or better yet, 20 years or so before we start deciding who we are going to marry. You've got nothing but time.
That isn't a picture oof the boy who wants to marry her in the picture. Duh, I have to protect the innocent.

3 comments:

This Brazen Teacher said...

Awwww. :-)

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

My daughter is in first grade...she was telling us about which girls liked which boys...I had to walk away...My wife handled it.

CowboyJoe said...

Excellent choice