Thursday, February 5, 2009

The required list of 25 things


Since I cannot get Facebook at work, I am limited to how much time I can waste finding people I was friends with, people I don't remember going to school with and avoiding others. Despite these obstacles I have completed my required 25 things so here they are.

25 things about me

1. I ’m thankful for my wife and our lovely daughter

2. I’m looking forward to going skiing in Colorado

3. The first car I had after college was a 72 Dodge Dart with a slant-6, it was a step up from the 77 Civic I had in high school

4. The only Van Halen on my iPod is from the Diamond Dave years, especially Diver Down and VH1

5. I miss “Survivorman”

6. I love reading to my daughter at bedtime, especially Knuffle Bunny and SkippyJon Jones

7. I watch the First 48 whenever it's in Memphis to see if I can figure out where they are

8. There is nothing better than a cold beer after working outside in the summer, or during a football game or with couple of buddies around a campfire, I could go on but I won't.

9. My best friends are all from college and after, I was finally a little more comfortable with myself after high school

10. I wish people who say they were Christians would act alot more Christian

11. I like teaching especially the interactions with the kids, I hate the paperwork and grading papers

12. My wife and I met in bar in downtown NashVegas, I told I might call her back, she thought I was a complete jerk. Thank goodness I called her back.

13. Whenever I don't like how things are going for me or in my life, I can think of at least 10 kids in my class who's families have it so much worse than I do

14. I've always treated the secretaries, custodians and cafeteria ladies as well as I could at every school where I have worked. Each one can make your job a living hell in their own special way.
15. I was just getting to know my dad when he passed away, in a weird coincidence he died on the same date as his mother and the exact same day of the Oklahoma City bombing

16. I want to go backpacking and camping with my family and friends more often

17. I love living in NashVegas, it's the only place in the country you can see Nicole Kidman, Taylor Swift and Peter Frampton in the same day and not see anyone taking their picture or hassling them.

18. If I could make money writing a blog about football, or if I could cover the NFL, I would quit teaching

19. I'm pretty sure I'm going to see some of my former students on either Dog the Bounty Hunter or Gangland

20. I have gotten a speeding ticket in at least 10 different counties in TN and have gone to traffic school in each of those counties

21. I'm sad that my daughter has already finished half of kindergarten

22. I'm 6' tall and I'm the shortest guy in my family.

23. September is too damn hot here, I'm ready for cool fall weather after Labor Day, not more August heat

24. My wife and I are on the wall at the Villager, we dressed as Pamela and Tommy Lee for Halloween, still the funnest costume of my life

25. I prefer Cracker Barrel to Starbucks
There they are, you can read them, comment on them, enjoy them or just ignore them.

No comments: